Co-production and You
Who is this course for?
The “Co-production and You” course is for you wherever you are on your co-production journey, if you want to spend some time reflecting deeply, with peers, on the place of co-production in your work. You could be a citizen, volunteer, public service or third sector professional, an academic or researcher, local or national government official or a policy maker! And of course any combination of the above. The most important thing is that you are keen to work with others to bring positive change to public services and communities. It will help you to nurture and further develop your practice.
What is involved?
This interactive course explores the values and ways of working with co-production through:
- Self study (bespoke podcast episodes, recommended reading, and short challenges)
- Weekly group seminars and optional weekly 121 sessions with the tutors
- Putting your learning towards an action plan for managing your own co-production challenge
The course covers:
- An exploration of a range of actions and techniques associated with each of the 5 values of co-production
- A variety of examples of co-production in practice, shared by other practitioners from a range of sectors
- Structured reflection on the application of your learning to your own practice, which contributes towards your assignment
The contents of the course are suited to different learning styles; our friendly, accessible platform is compatible with screen-readers.
What is the time commitment?
The course runs over 12 weeks: in the first 8 weeks you access the study materials (approx 2-3 hours per week) and the live sessions (1 hour per week + optional 30 mins 121), and the remaining month is time in which to complete the assignment, which sums up everything you have learnt into a practical action plan. A certificate of course completion is awarded to you after submission and marking of a successful assignment, that demonstrates your learning and development.
Next cohort dates:
- Course begins: Monday 16th January (content released weekly, approx 2-3 hours per week of self-study)
- Seminars: 10-11am every Tuesday
- Optional 30 min Q&A sessions with the tutors: book in on Thursday afternoons between 2.30-4pm
- Teaching ends: Friday 10th March 2023
- Assignment submission deadline: Friday 7th April 2023
- Marked assignments and results/certificates returned by the end of April 2023.
Cost for non-members:
£165 +VAT (£198)
Cost for members of the Co-production Network for Wales (25% off):
£123.75 +VAT (£148.50)
Use the discount code found in your member emails.
Costs for champions with team membership of the Co-production Network for Wales (35% off full price):
£107.25 +VAT (£128.70)
Use the discount code found in your champions' emails.
Costs for citizen and unpaid carer members of the Co-production Network for Wales (75% off full price):
£41.25 +VAT (£49.50)
Drop us a line at [email protected] to get the discount code.
If you need to pay by invoice, please provide a few details in this form and we will be in touch to complete your registration.